WELDING TECHNOLOGY MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Apply the theory and application of various welding and metal cutting processes.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints to be applied in field setting.
• Recognize hazardous working conditions, shop awareness, and proper safety practices that comply with OSHA standards.
• Work effectively while using a variety of hand-on-tools and shop equipment.
• Analyze metal composition and distinguish fundamental element properties as it pertains to metallurgy.
• Measure, cut, shape, fabricate, and fit a variety of metal to metal joint configurations, while being able to work in different positions.
• Apply effective writing and verbal communication, computer literacy, and mathematical problem-solving skills.
• Work productively in a group or individually with or without close supervision, be a self-starter.
Click here for program and award information.