The Office of Internal Audit, in alignment with the District's core belief statements and goals, will promote good stewardship of District assets and resources to uphold the highest level of integrity and intends to serve as a valued partner and a trusted advisor.
To enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight.
What We Do
The Office of Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the District's operations. The department aims to help the District accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Office of Internal Audit is committed to certain values in carrying out its mission:
- Providing excellent service to our clients including the Board, management, staff, and the community of the Collin College District.
- Performing our work in accordance with professional standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Maintaining independence, objectivity, and confidentiality in the performance of our work.
- Adhering to the highest degree of fairness, integrity, and ethical conduct.
- Characterizing our relationships with the Board, employees, and community of the Collin College District with respect, helpfulness, openness, and transparency.
- Maintaining our professionalism as internal auditors through continuance of our education and training.
Report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse
Collin College is committed to maintaining a positive work environment for everyone in the college community. Unethical conduct at any level is not tolerated.
If you know of any incidents of fraud, waste or abuse committed by a member of Collin College, you are responsible for reporting it.
Fraud is a type of dishonest act where a person obtains something of value through
Waste relates to taxpayers not receiving reasonable value for money in connection with government-funded activities.
Abuse involves unethical actions that are not compliant with business practices or involves misuse of college resources.
How to Report
To report fraud, waste, or abuse occurring at Collin College, you can:
- Talk to your supervisor
- Notify the appropriate administrator
- Contact the Office of internal Audit hotline
Call 844-982-4680 or anonymously submit a report online.
- Contact the State Auditor’s Office hotline
Submit a report to the SAO.
The Texas Whistleblower Act protects employees who make good faith reports of violations from retaliation.
The Texas State Auditor's Office Hotline
Colleges and universities are required by law (Texas Government Code, Section 321.022) to report suspected fraud or unlawful conduct to the State Auditor's Office (SAO) if there are facts (not just mere suspicion) that point to fraud or unlawful conduct. Persons or entities reporting fraud to the SAO do not have to establish probable cause and/or have a suspect. Persons who report fraud may choose to remain anonymous. The SAO investigates allegations of misuse and/or illegal acts involving state resources.
Ali Subhani, CIA, CISA, GSNA
Director Internal Audit
Phone: 972-516-5036 | Email: email@example.com
Address: 3452 Spur 399, Mckinney, TX 75069
Office Number CHEC 442
This is where sidebar content should go.