ID CARD AVAILABLITY
ID Cards are available at any Student Engagement office during normal business hours, as well as:
* Frisco Campus - Alumni Hall Room A186
* McKinney Campus - Room C118A
* Plano Campus - Room F130
* Wylie Campus - Student Center Room SC105
* Celina Campus - Room 122
* Farmersville Campus - Room 124
* Rockwall Center - Suite 100
* Technical Campus - Room A145
* Courtyard Center - Suite 101
Students, Faculty and Staff will be able to get their ID Card throughout the semester.
Questions regarding ID Cards can be directed to any Student Engagement office.
KNOW YOUR CWID
To get your ID Card, Students, Faculty and Staff will need the following:
1. Know their entire nine-digit CWID (College Wide Identification number)
2. Be able to present a valid photo ID (i.e. Driver's License, Passport, High School ID).
DISTANCE STUDENT ID CARDS
All students attending the Celina, Farmersville, Frisco, McKinney, Plano, Technical, and Wylie Campus should come to campus in person to have their Collin College ID Card made.
For those students who are distance learners, iCollin Campus (online courses only),
Courtyard Center, and the Rockwall Center students, we are offering the ability to
produce IDs without coming to campus.
Collin College ID Cards may be requested 24-hours after you have registered for courses. To access the submission form and for more information, go to our DISTANCE ID CARD PAGE.
WHEN CAN I GET MY STUDENT ID CARD?
ID Cards will be available for students who are enrolled in courses, and have allowed at least 24 hours to have passed since enrolling. Students enrolling past the payment deadline or in a wintermester/summer course will need to pay for the class(es) or set up a payment plan, or their classes will be dropped.
STUDENT ID FORM (Homeschool / No ID)
To get a Collin College ID card produced, you will need to present a photo ID to verify your identity (Driver’s License, High School ID, Passport, Military ID, etc). If you were homeschooled and/or do not have any of these forms of ID, you will need to complete the Student ID form and have it notarized. After you have registered for courses, bring the completed Student ID form to one of our ID offices.
ID SYSTEM UPDATED (AUGUST 14, 2015)
PLEASE NOTE: As of August 14, 2015 (Fall 2015) the ID system has been updated. Any ID Card created prior to this date is no longer valid and will not be accepted and should be destroyed. You must visit any Student Engagement Office to receive your new ID Card (initial replacement IDs are free). Once your ID Card has been upgraded, it will become active each semester you enroll and pay for classes at Collin College.
Swipe your ID Card at events
You will be asked to present your Collin ID card at the following:
- Student Engagement events and Athletic competitions
- Student Organizations Meetings
- Service projects, and
- Guest speakers or Performances.
The events will be recorded on your Involvement Record in Cougar Connect.
Workout, Take a Test, or Buy a Book
- Your Collin ID card will be used to enter campus Fitness Centers and Intramural Activities.
- You must present your Collin ID card when taking a test in our Testing Centers or online.
- You must provide a Collin ID card when your purchase your textbooks at the campus Bookstores.
Get Tutoring Help or Access the Library
- Your Collin ID card will be used to check in to the Anthony Peterson Centers for Academic Assistance (Writing Center, Math Lab, Science Den).
- You will need your Collin College ID card to check out books, study rooms, calculators, laptops, etc., at all Collin College Libraries.