COMPUTER SYSTEMS – COMPUTER SUPPORT MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to
improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure.
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, or installation activities.
• Communicate effectively with peers, managers, end-users, and other stakeholders.
• Work productively with other personnel, managers, end-users, and other stakeholders to achieve optimal solutions to technology problems.
• Create or maintain business presentations to make appealing and persuading arguments or proposals.
• Create or maintain spreadsheets to make optimal decisions in business environments.
• Create or maintain project management software applications to enhance planning and control of technological change.
• Work ethically, responsibly, and conscientiously.
Click here for program and award information.