CYBERSECURITY MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Identify, troubleshoot, and repair computing hardware systems at a major component level.
• Identify computer networking concepts and the devices associated with networking.
• Design, troubleshoot, and configure networking devices in a secure manner i.e. firewalls.
• Review logs in various devices and operating systems and provide forensic analysis.
• Document in work order/ticket systems and create reports for customers.
• Create policies, procedures, and processes to help secure organizations data.
• Identify Risk and its components, be able to distinguish between threat or threat agent and risk, be able to follow a process in creating a risk statement, be able to distinguish between vulnerability and weakness, and be able to make risk-based decisions.
• Apply common cybersecurity standards (e.g. CIS, NIST, HIPPA, SOX), understand what benchmarks are, understand what baselines are, and understand how one can use the standards in reducing and organizations exposure.
• Create and apply metrics in order to provide meaningful, actionable information regarding various aspects of a security program.
• Communicate in a professional and understandable manner both verbally and in writing. This includes the development and delivery of presentations to peers, managers, clients, and executives.(COMM)
• Collaborate with various constituents to accomplish team goals. (TW)
• Work in an ethical manner by upholding company expectations, industry standards, and legal precedents. (PR)
• Demonstrate the ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information.
• Conduct research on an assigned or selected topic(s) and demonstrate knowledge of the researched topic. (CT)
• Receive or provide feedback to team members. (CT)
• Ask questions in seeking understanding of a topic. (CT)
• Work within established deadlines and take accountability for one’s work product. (CT)
Click here for program and award information.