DANCE 2303 MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Identify various forms of dance.
• Articulate the relationship between dances and the historical and cultural contexts from which they emerged.
• Express an informed personal reaction to dance forms.
• Critically analyze and write about dance using established methods of dance criticism.
• Evaluate the impact of dance on culture.
• Synthesize different points of view while working effectively as part of a team.
• Illustrate and contrast how regional, national, and/or global traditions in dance have been used to reflect a social value or civic movement.
• Recognize theatre terminology, lighting design and essential responsibilities required for a dance concert production.
• Identify dance education and career opportunities for the dance artist, educator and scholar.
• Demonstrate creative thinking in ways of innovation, inquiry, analysis, evaluation and synthesis of information.
• Communicate effective development, interpretation and expression of ideas through written, oral and visual communication.
• Work productively within a group in synthesis of different points of view and to achieve a shared purpose or goal.
• Exhibit intercultural competence, knowledge of civic responsibility, and the ability to engage effectively in regional, national, and global communities with many perspectives.
• Work ethically, responsibly, and conscientiously.
See course description below.