ECONOMICS MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Observe and/or collect information from all relevant sources to continue knowledge
building and analysis for problem solving.
• Break down data or information into separate parts to identify the underlying principles, reasons, trends, correlations.
• Present and illustrate data graphically to include simple and complex statistical results for businesses and economic decision-making processes.
• Apply economic tools to read and interpret business and economic phenomena
• Apply microeconomic and macroeconomic theory and statistics to analyze contemporary economic problems and policies.
• Assess the relative costs and benefits of potential activities, alternative actions, policies, laws, and regulations to explain, and propose the most appropriate ones for effective and efficient complex problem solving.
• Formulate recommendations, memorandums, policies, or plans to solve business and economic problems.
• Provide advice and consultation on economic events and relationships to businesses, public and private agencies, and others to assist in decision-making.
• Use reasoning and logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, methods and approaches to problems, and various conclusions.
See course descriptions below.