ENGLISH (LANGUAGE, PHILOSOPHY, & CULTURE) MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Read, understand, and engage thoughtfully and critically with complex texts.
• Understand, appreciate, and empathize [DH1] with varying cultural, religious, political, social, and historical viewpoints in order to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
• Develop complex ideas, focused topics, and texts including expert voices in the field.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify, analyze, and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of texts and arguments in order to reach sound conclusions.
• Develop projects that demonstrate the nuance of language and address the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Communicate effectively and professionally.
• Work ethically, responsibly, and conscientiously with others to develop ideas, share perspectives, and achieve goals.
See course descriptions below.