GEOLOGY MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Investigate the composition, structure, function, and/or history of the Earth through
the examination, measurement, and/or classification of earth materials.
• Prepare, edit, interpret, and analyze geological maps, cross-sections, and/or sketches.
• Prepare, study, and read tables and charts to compile information and data for geological interpretation and analysis.
• Recognize, describe, and justify relationships between features and processes within a variety of geological systems.
• Identify and recognize resources that are vital to modern societies and apply this knowledge to solve industrial and societal problems.
• Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions by finding relationships among seemingly unrelated events.
• Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Apply the scientific method for accurate and truthful reporting of results and evaluation of scientific and pseudoscientific claims.
See course descriptions below.