HVAC (HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING) MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Service heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to improve efficiency,
such as changing filters, cleaning ducts, or balancing air flow using gauges, meters
and instruments specific to the trade.
• Transport, recover, and dispose of refrigerants in accordance with EPA 608 regulations.
• Adjust expansion valves and flow controls according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
• Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanical parts and reassemble repaired systems.
• Test pipes, tubing joints, or connections for leaks using pressure gauges, electronic leak detection, or soap-and-water solutions; braze or solder tubing and components to repair defective joints and leaks.
• Test electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment; repair or replace defective electrical equipment, components, or wiring.
• Use effective communication skills to discuss heating or cooling system malfunctions and repairs with users/customers.
• Work effectively and professionally with peers, managers, customers, and other stakeholders to complete work in a timely and professional manner.
• Work ethically, responsibly, and conscientiously on a daily basis to provide professional service of equipment and facilities.
Click here for program and award information.