HEALTH PROFESSIONS – ELECTROCARDIOGRAPH TECHNICIAN (EKG) TRACK MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Correctly assemble and utilize electrocardiograph equipment to perform an EKG assessment.
• Document patient information and actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records with accuracy and in accordance with HIPAA and HITECH guidelines.
• Identify and report abnormalities and initiate action to provide continuity of care in a timely manner.
• Monitor, clean, and maintain equipment after each use.
• Instruct patient on the use of a Holter monitor.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with patients, peers, supervisors, and all other members of the healthcare team.
• Exhibit personal responsibility through ethical and conscientious behavior and decision-making.
Click here for program and award information.