HEALTH PROFESSIONS – PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN (PHLEB) TRACK MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups.
• Assemble and maintain medical equipment and supplies, e.g. needles, test tubes, or monitors.
• Perform proper selection and utilization of collection containers and supplies based on physician requisitions.
• Practice proper infection control and disposal of biohazard material in patient care areas.
• Adhere to OSHA guidelines regarding needle stick prevention, blood borne pathogens, standard precautions, and isolation precautions.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with patients, peers, supervisors, and all other members of the healthcare team.
• Engage effectively and respectfully with patients from various communities, ethnicities, and perspectives.
Click here for program and award information.