INTERPRETER TRAINING PROGRAM MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Understand the Deaf culture and their norms.
• Possess extensive knowledge of the source and target languages to effectively convey ideas and concepts.
• Cope with stress well and maintain impartiality before, during, and after interpretation assignment.
• Work ethically, responsibly, and conscientiously.
• Retain and apply information such as concepts, words or numbers for a reasonable amount of time.
• Display professionalism by being punctual, organized, and able to work with limited supervision.
• Self-advocate assertively without being overconfident.
Click here for program and award information.