MEDICAL ASSISTING ADVANCED PRACTICE MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Perform clinical and administrative tasks in a physician’s office, hospital and/or
other healthcare facilities.
• Administer injections and medications as directed by physicians and permitted by state law.
• Perform various diagnostic tests including lab testing, basic x-ray, EKG and hearing and vision screening.
• Complete insurance forms and code patients’ medical information.
• Schedule patient appointments and maintain electronic health records.
• Provide patient education regarding medication use, wound care and treatment procedures.
• Apply excellent customer service and therapeutic communications skills in all patient encounters.
• Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals.
Click here for program and award information.