PHARMACY TECHNICIAN MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Assist pharmacists in the monitoring of medication therapy.
• Calculate insurance coverage for pharmacy transactions.
• Check prescriptions for accuracy prior to dispensing.
• Count, pour and mix pharmaceuticals.
• Explain costs and payment options to customers.
• Apply medical and pharmaceutical terms.
• Comply with state and federal laws.
• Check pharmaceutical stock to assess inventory level, place orders, and remove outdated drugs.
• Marinate medication orders and prescriptions and organize medications for dispensing, and prepare labels and intravenous solutions.
• Demonstrate ethical conduct.
• Demonstrate active and engaged listening skills.
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written.
• Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
• Apply critical thinking skills, creativity, and innovation.
Click here for program and award information.