URBAN SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE MARKETABLE SKILLS
• Design, implement, and manage ideal growing conditions for food crops.
• Evaluate crops for diseases and insect infestations.
• Evaluate and manage the pH of soils and solutions.
• Identify crops that provide the greatest return on investment.
• Minimize the impact of farming on the environment and utilize conservation practices to reduce environmental impacts.
• Develop and implement small-farming and sustainable techniques.
• Prepare marketing strategies for selling produce to local restaurants and consumers.
• Analyze data and communicate results.
• Engage effectively and respectfully with people from many communities and with many perspectives.
• Communicate effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other stakeholders.
Click here for program and award information.