ACCESS Dual Credit


Dual Credit FAQ

When should I apply for services

Once you have applied to Collin College and received your Campus-wide ID and email address, you are welcome to apply to the ACCESS office. Applying for services before the semester you are enrolling in, is encouraged! Please note that our turn-around time can take up to 2 weeks.

I'm a parent and my child is under 18, can I be involved in this process?

Yes, but with your child’s consent. Since your child is considered a ‘College Student’ when taking Dual Credit classes, FERPA laws must be followed. If your child gives you FERPA authorizations, or consent to speak with us, then we would be happy to speak with you. This also means that your child must be present during any meetings or phone calls to ensure FERPA laws are being followed. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us!
ACCESS Parent Guide

I have accommodations in High School, does that automatically carry over to my Dual Credit classes?

No. At the High School level, IDEA (The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) is followed. This only applies to Pre-K through 12th grade students. Since your child is taking College-Level coursework, the ADA (The Americans with Disabilities Act) must be followed, which is why they will have to apply for accommodations at the College level, for their Dual Credit courses. Click here for more details about the differences between High School and College accommodations.

Will you accept my 504 plan as documentation?

We encourage you to submit documentation that supports your diagnosis, and the ACCESS advisors will be able to let you know what other information may be needed.

Can I get accommodations for the TSI?

Great question! The TSI is already very accessible in that it is untimed, you can take it over a course of a many days, you can magnify, and change the color of the screen. It also and provides a calculator in the Math section. If you require additional TSI accommodations, please email to request these accommodations.